Course Enrollment Information
Continuing students may add a course prior to the start of classes using the My.DeVry.edu Student Portal.
New and readmitted students must register for classes in person.
Course Add Deadlines
- The deadline for adding on-site courses is prior to the first class meeting in the first week.
- Students may add an online course during the first week only with the permission of the local appropriate academic adminstrator.
Drop/Withdraw from Course(s)
Students may drop a course prior to the start of classes using the My.DeVry.edu Student Portal.
To withdraw from a course or courses, you may:
- Submit a Course Withdrawal/Intent to Return Form to the Registrar at your location
- Contact one of the following administrators:
- Academic Advisor
- Academic Affairs Specialist
- Student Success Coach
- Operations Support Coordinator
Audit Course - Students who wish to audit a course(s) must receive approval to do so from the appropriate acadmic administrator prior to the beginning of the session.
- Self-registration to audit a course is NOT allowed.
- Students who audit a course are required to:
- Pay full tuition for the audited course
- Attend and participate in the course
- Students who audit a course are precluded from taking examinations and completing projects
- Capstone Courses may NOT be audited.
Independent Study - Students may complete a maximum of two courses and their associated labs through independent study, if they:
- Are making satisfactory academic progress
- Have earned at least 24 credit hours
For more information, please contact your academic advisor or program dean. Independent study arrangements are developed with and monitored by a faculty advisor.
- Undergraduate students in good standing may registrar for up to ten (10) credit hours per session and as many as twenty (20) credit hours per semester.
- Graduate students in good standing may register for up to six (6) credit hours per session and as many as twelve (120) credit hours per semester.
How do I withdraw from an on-site class after the first week of classes?
You will need to fill out a withdrawal form, available at your location.
How do I withdraw from an online class?
Students in online classes should also full out a withdrawal form at their location or online.
What are the deadlines for dropping and withdrawing from a class?
Undergraduate and graduate students can drop a class during the add/drop period. Beyond the initial add/drop period, students can withdraw until Friday of Week 7 at 11:59pm MST.
How do I withdraw from the University?
You should contact the appropirate academic administrator inforing them in writing of your intent to withdraw.
What catalog should I use for my major/minor and or general education requirements?
Your catalog year is determined when you first enroll or are re-admitted. Please contact your academic advisor to confirm your catalog year.
How do I change my catalog year for my major/minor or general education?
A request to follow an updated catalog must be requested in writing and provided to the Registrar. Students can only update their catalog year once.
Is there a time limit to finish my degree?
While there is no specific time limit for undergraduate students, they must continue to make satisfactory academic progress toward their degree. Additionally, students who take longer than average may find that their program offerings have changed and will need to take additional courses due to these changes.
Graduate students are allowed up to five years from the date of initial enrollment to complete their degree requirements. Under certain circumstances, the time limit may be extended upon petition to the chief location administrator/academic advisor.
How do I declare a graduate certificate?
Once admitted, students must declar their intent to pursue a certificate with their location by submitting the Program-Concentration Change Form.
Is there an attendance policy?
Yes. The attendance policy is covered in the undergraduate student handbook, receipt of which constitutes notification of the policy. Students must adhere to the policy and check for revisions each term.